Prof Christophe Berney is a specialist Colorectal surgeon with more than 20 years experience in advanced laparoscoic surgery.
Prof Berney is a fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS), and is accredited with the Gastrointestinal Enterological Society of Australia (GESA) for training in gastroscopy and colonoscopy. He provides comprehensive cancer care in a multidisciplinary manner, reviewing all cases at a Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meeting.
Prof Berney completed his undergraduate training in Geneva-Switzerland in 1996, and PhD into colorectal cancer metastasis in 1999. Prof Berney is a conjoint Professor and coordinator for undergraduate surgical training for University of NSW, and Head of Department of General Surgery at Bankstown/Lidcomb hospital. Prof Berney is a supervisor of surgical education and training for general surgery as well as research committee member for the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
Prof Berney is actively engaged in research and has co-authored more than 80 peer-reviewed journal articles. Prof Berney is committed to providing you with the latest safe, evidence-based minimally-invasive surgical techniques. He is also a keen advocate key-hole surgery.
Prof Berney offers direct access No-Gap gastroscopy and colonoscopy.
- MB, MD, PhD, FMH.
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons.
- Colonoscopy and Gastroscopy.
- Colorectal surgery.
- Key Hole (Laparoscopic) surgery.
- Perianal Fistulae.
- Key Hole Inguinal Hernia Repair.
- North Shore Specialist Day Hospital.
- Waratah Private Hospital.
- Bankstown Public Hospital.
- Shop 1, 38 Pacific Highway, St Leonard’s NSW 2065.
- Suite 201, Level 2, Waratah Private Hospital, 31 Dora Street, Hurstville. NSW 2220
- Suite 102, Bankstown Hospital Medical Centre, 68 Eldridge Road, Bankstown, NSW 2200.